School Transportation Information
Methods of Communicating School Vehicle Cancellations Due to Inclement Weather
Student Transportation of Eastern Ontario (STEO) would like to advise students, parents and guardians that there are several methods that can be used to check for school vehicle cancellations:
1. Access STEO’s website at www.steo.ca and click on the link “Delays and Cancellations”. Cancellations will be posted by 6:15 a.m.
2. Subscribe to STEO’s Parent Portal for updates on delays and cancellations, specific to your child’s transportation. Sign up at www.steo.ca under Parent Login.
3. Follow STEO on Facebook for updates on delays and cancellations and messaging.
4. Follow @steo.news on Twitter for updates on delays an cancellations.
5. Follow @steocancels on Twitter for cancellation notifications.
6. Call 1-866-629-0629 to access a pre-recorded message. • During inclement weather the message will be posted by 6:15 a.m. • Please note that the message for this phone line is only updated on inclement weather days.
Announcements regarding the cancellation of school vehicles and special vehicle transportation will be aired on local radio and television stations, beginning at 6:15 a.m.
Please do not call the bus companies for cancellation information, as the radio and website reflect the most accurate information.
If transportation is cancelled in the morning, afternoon transportation will not operate.